Monday, January 9, 2017

INTERMEDIATE 2 REVIEW UNIT 6


INTERMEDIATE 2 REVIEW QUIZ 6 (Taken from Total English)

GRAMMAR

1   PAST PERFECT SIMPLE AND PAST SIMPLE
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.

1   I _______ (be) annoyed with myself because I _______ (leave) my keys on the   
     kitchen table.
2   We _______ (forget) Sam’s birthday so he _______ (be) quite upset.
3   When we _______ (arrive) at the theatre, the play _______ (already start).
4   Lucy _______ (remember) that she _______ (promise) to get tickets for the opera.
5   I _______ (not know) that you _______ (spend) so long in Africa.

2   USES OF LIKE
Correct the mistakes in the sentences.

1   Do you like to go out this evening?
     ___________________________________ ?
2   What does Matt like? – He’s really friendly and very charming.
     __________________________________ .
3   Dan look like George Clooney.
     __________________________________ .
4   I don’t feel like to go to another art gallery.
     __________________________________ .
5   We could watch a film later, if you’re like.
     __________________________________ .

3   ARTICLES
Complete the sentences with the, a or – (no article).
1   Who’s ___ President of ___ France?
2   These are ___ trousers I bought at ___ weekend.
3   ___ River Thames is in ___ England.
4   ___ respect and ___ kindness are equally important in my opinion.
5   We had ___ fantastic holiday in ___ West Indies.
VOCABULARY

4   TRAVEL
Match the words in Column A with the words in Column B.
       A                                  B
       historical                      capital

       1   barren                     a   beach
       2   sightseeing b   rainforest
       3   river                        c   desert
       4   tropical                   d   holiday
       5   snow-capped         e   travel
       6   sandy                     f   tour
       7   dramatic                 g   mountain
       8   independent           h   landmark
       9   famous                   i    cruise
       10 package                 j   coastline

5   PLACES TO VISIT IN A CITY
Choose the correct answer in italics.

1   If I don’t take this book back to the library / bookshop today, I’ll have to pay a fine.
2   Let’s go to the pub / library and have a beer.
3   I’ve never stayed at a 5* hostel / hotel. Have you?
4   The town square / roundabout is a pedestrianised area where no cars are allowed.
5   One of my artist friends is having an exhibition of his paintings at the local museum /
     art gallery.

6   EXPRESSIONS WITH GET
Complete the sentences with the correct form of get + a word from the box.
         dark            directions            home             hungry            lost            married
1   We didn’t have a map with us so we ____________ .
2   Rebecca and Simon are thinking of ____________ in the summer.
3   I love travelling but I always enjoy ____________ to my own bed.
4   We can ____________ to the hotel off the internet so don’t panic.
5   I’ll have to put the lights on soon as it ____________ .I can’t believe it’s only 4
    o’clock.
 HOW TO …
7   DESCRIBE A MEMORABLE PHOTO

Complete the text using the correct form of the verbs in the box.
                have            see            show            stay            stumble             take

This photo shows one of my favourite places. I (1) _______ the photo last year when we were on holiday in Prague. In the background you can (2) _______ the castle and the old town. I (3) _______ with friends when I (4) _______ upon a small street just by the river. I must say we (5) _______ a really amazing time that day.




1 comment: